Bus technology is constantly changing, and any given bus fleet can have a wide range of models that require specific knowledge for accurate servicing, repair, and parts replacement. To make the most of your investment and keep your buses on the road, it’s crucial for service technicians and parts specialists to stay up-to-date.
A new 8,200-square-foot bus training center at Carolina Thomas is helping service technicians and parts personnel do just that.
Learn the Latest at New Bus Training Center
As the first center in North Carolina dedicated exclusively to bus service training, the Carolina Thomas Training Center can help you:
- Equip Your Team With Expertise
Your technicians and parts specialists will gain a better understanding of bus systems and add the skills needed to maintain and repair everything from the brakes and drivetrain to electrical systems and engines.
- Prepare Your Team for the Future
Electronics are the future for buses. Maintenance and parts teams can participate in classes to master virtual technician systems, online parts ordering, and other new electronic processes.
- Make Your Team More Efficient
We’ll teach your staff many of the same efficiency methods we use in our own service center. Your team will learn a laser-focused repair assessment process that lowers the life-cycle cost of each bus, saving you time and money.
Take Advantage of First-Class Bus Training
- Certified Trainers – Rest assured you’re learning from experienced and certified trainers who are equipped to teach the latest in industry standards.
- Tailored Training – We can tailor classes to your specific needs and goals.
- Specialized Facility – The new training center features two 90-foot, drive-through service bays with special lighting and flooring; state-of-the-art classrooms; and a kitchenette to provide excellent hospitality for all classes.
A Wide Range of Classes
In addition to custom-designed classes, the Carolina Thomas Training Center offers classes covering a wide range of service and parts training topics. A few of these topics are listed below. For a complete list of training topics or to discuss custom training, call Vinny Rivera (Service & Training Manager) at
- Bus basics for new technicians
- Cummins and Detroit engines
- Allison transmissions
- Bendix brakes
- Zonar and other GPS systems
- Multiplex wiring
- Virtual technician
- Braun and Ricon wheelchair lifts
- Bus body repair techniques to keep the vehicles within FMVSS standards
- Bus camera systems
- Parts Pro training
- Inventory training
- Website parts ordering
- Eliminating waste and loss in parts inventory
- Parts stocking best practices
Ready to reach your training goals?
Give us a call.
Service & Training Manager
O: (800) 440-3492, x 383
M: (336) 215-0970