Fleet managers, transportation directors and service technicians all know the importance of proper training in the service and repair of the vehicles they operate and support. Multiplexing, anti-lock brake systems (ABS), EPA clean emission engines, electronically-controlled transmissions (ECT), onboard diagnostic (OBD) systems and other sophisticated technologies mean technicians today are as likely to be using laptop computers as they are wrenches. Advanced technical training has become increasingly crucial to the success of service and maintenance operations.
At Carolina Thomas, we specialize in technical training designed to give your service technicians the skills they need to keep your buses on the road. Our factory-certified trainers offer the best-in-class technical training available in North Carolina. Comprehensive classes tailored to meet your specific training goals are available on all systems of the bus, including third-party add-on equipment.
Technical Training Capabilities
- Basic-to-advanced training in all bus systems: Hands-on classes allow technicians to diagnose problems using conventional means as well as with a laptop computer. Q & A is an important part of instruction and provides us with beneficial information from the field for future training classes.
- On-site Regional Training Classes: Held at a central customer location, technicians from multiple customer shops within a geographical region learn from their peers as well as our training experts in these highly-interactive training events.
- Annual Open House Training Event: Two-day, in-house training event hosted by Carolina Thomas. A wide range of classes are offered by Carolina Thomas, OEM and third-party equipment vendors.
- Thomas Built Buses Dealer Training: Due to our proximity to Thomas Built Buses headquarters, our trainers are routinely requested to assist in the training of Thomas dealers across North America.
- Carolina Thomas Bus Buzz: Our newsletter The Bus Buzz offers specific troubleshooting and training tips to over 500 technicians, shop foremen and service managers across North Carolina.
Want More Information?
Contact us to learn more about how Carolina Thomas can help you meet your organization’s technical training goals.