As new developments surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to unfold, we want to share the steps we have taken to ensure the health and safety of you our customers, supplier partners, team members and community.
At this time, all Carolina Thomas facilities are operating at normal business hours and we are taking precautions onsite to help control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We want to assure you that we are focused on:
- Continuing to provide exceptional service and support to our customers.
- Supporting local efforts to limit the spread and impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Continuing to evolve our business and find new ways to keep connected to you our customers, our supplier partners, and our team members during this time.
Here’s how we are managing the situation:
- We are open for business to support you, and will send a follow-up notification if that were to change.
- Company-wide policies have been put in place minimizing our team members’ and customers’ exposure to Coronavirus (COVID-19) – outlining guidelines for coming to work, proper hygiene, social distancing practices, and self-quarantining (if needed) as recommended by the CDC:
- Limiting direct exposure for our team members and facilities as much as possible, including working from home for all team members who can do so, restricting movement between each of our facility locations, and enhanced social distancing practices.
- Deploying deep cleaning with CDC approved disinfectants to protect our facilities, mobile parts and service vans, as well as the buses and parts we deliver.
- Placing hand sanitizing stations and CDC-approved cleaning supplies throughout our offices and wearing gloves when checking buses in/out, loading/unloading parts, and providing on-site service at the customer’s location.
- Requiring employees to stay home if experiencing symptoms, if returning from events elsewhere, or have traveled on mass transit.
- We are asking our sales, parts and mobile service team members to refrain from entering a customer location without an appointment or direct permission.
- We have implemented a No Handshake policy.
- We are encouraging the use of phone calls, FaceTime, and email as first line of communication.
- For our customers who are sick or do not feel comfortable coming to our office:
- If you have urgent repairs, please do not come to the dealership. Give us a call and we will dispatch field service technicians to you without risking the health of our team members and your associates.
- If you would like to purchase a bus, or need service or paint / body shop work, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, phone call, or text to your Carolina Thomas representative. We are prepared to be flexible and work with each of you individually to do business online, over the phone, or by bringing our buses and services to you.
- If you need to order parts, we are encouraging phone calls for orders, or online ordering on the Pinnacle Truck Parts site (if you have an approved PTP user account). We will still, however, accept walk-in customers and parts pickup, with required social distancing.
We understand this is a fluid and dynamic situation. Please be sure to keep an eye out for updates through further email communications and our Facebook page. Also, please stay informed of the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.
We are committed to serving your needs during this unprecedented time. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us through our Contact Us page, call us at (800) 440-3492 or contact your Carolina Thomas representative.
Thank you for your understanding, and please stay safe and well.
The Carolina Thomas Team