Under supervision of Vice-President of Operations, this position is responsible for all day to day activities in our service department, including but not limited to:
- Receiving walk-in/call-in customers and assessing/troubleshooting the problems on their vehicles.
- Assigning work to each service technician.
- Providing technical and physical assistance to service technicians, which may include driving vehicles and/or performing mechanical functions.
- Preparing, assessing, and closing repair orders for proper billing.
- Training service technicians.
- Managing off-site service employees doing work for Carolina Thomas.
- Ensuring all functions and facilities are in-compliance with all safety procedures of Carolina Thomas.
- Motivating and managing service technicians.
- Managing Service Writer and Outside Service Coordinator.
- Selling service labor to potential and/or existing customers.
- Create, analyze, and present revenue opportunities for service department.
- Assess and prepare Service Department to maintain all OEM/Vendor requirements (i.e. Thomas Built Buses, Freightliner, Allison Transmission, Detroit Diesel and other vendors that the Company represents).
- Manage Service Department for customer satisfaction and company profitability.
- All other duties as assigned by Vice-President of Operations and/or General Manager.
- Mid-level computer skills are required as this position works daily with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Company’s internal operating system (Excede by Procede Software).
- The ability to work independently as well as with multiple other people and manage internal and external staff while dealing positively with our customers.
- The ability to work between inside and outside environments.
- A valid CDL driver’s license will be required once hired.
- The ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and provide written and oral instructions to technicians as well as communicate clearly with customers about vehicle issues.
- The ability to create, analyze and present revenue opportunities for our service department to management.
- The ability to motivate and manage service technicians.
- The ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously while keeping good records and executing good follow-up to ensure tasks are properly delegated, finished on schedule, and reported as required.
- Graduation from high school with 5 years minimum experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Carolina Thomas is a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. Pre-employment and random testing requirements and procedures are utilized.
- Must be physically capable of locating and properly identifying issues with vehicles serviced at this dealership, including marking, lifting, moving, pushing and/or pulling vehicle components to perform different service-related functions.
- This position may require periodic test driving of vehicles or operation of vehicle components to troubleshoot and diagnose issues and/or to verify repairs.
- This position requires a CDL license.
- This position requires the ability to read wiring schematics, repair manuals, manufacturer’s documentation, and a thorough knowledge of different makes of buses is essential.
- Sound mechanical and electrical abilities on buses are very important.
This job description includes the general nature and level of work required. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Salary/Full-time with monthly bonus based on service department’s profitability. Eligible for benefits after 90 days.
What We Offer
Every member of our team works extremely hard because we know that our customers are counting on us. Our team members are rewarded for their hard work with competitive pay and bonuses, an excellent benefits package (eligibility – 90 days), comprehensive training, and a friendly, clean and well-organized workplace.
To apply for this position, please complete the application below and submit along with an attached a copy of your resume/CV.
Carolina Thomas is a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. Pre-employment and random testing requirements and procedures are utilized.